What are you reading?
We’d love to hear about what you’ve been reading. Whether it’s a new issue of your favorite literary magazine, the book you’ve just added to your shelf, or one piece of poetry or prose that really spoke to you, we’re looking forward to your recommendations.
Share the love
What have you connected with recently? Who said those words that kept you going through another day? How have you re-read a favorite?
Send us an email with a brief, previously unpublished review (200 words maximum) and we’ll share it with our users on our blog and across our social media accounts.
NewPages seeks reviews of contemporary literary books from small presses and new magazine issues or work. Contemporary = within the past year. Literary = no ‘popular genre’ works (fantasy, thriller, sci fi, murder mystery, etc., unless it is from a publisher we list on our site).
Click here to find example posts.
NewPages practices these ethical boundaries:
- No reviews from publishers promoting their own titles.
- No gratuitous promotion of friends, family, current/past teachers, publishers you are waiting to hear back from, etc.
- If you know the author, editor, and/or publisher but believe your review is a fair critique, please disclose that relationship.
- We will Google names, and if they show up together, you’ve got some ‘splaining to do.
- We do not support publishers requiring authors to provide “cross promotion” of other’s works published with them.
If your submission is accepted, we will clean up minor errors, and it will appear on the NewPages blog within the next two weeks and shared via our social media.
There is no payment at this time, just the standard fame and glory.
Contact our editors — firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to send your review
Send your guest blog post review to email@example.com with “Review” included in the subject line.
Identify your relationship to the author, editor, and/or publisher. If there is no relationship, say, “No relationship.” If you can’t say this, see the note above.
Include the title of the publication, author, publisher, and publication date.
Include a short bio (under 50 words) written in the third person with any relevant personal links including your social media tags.
We notify final publication via Twitter handle, so include that if you have one.
NewPages retains the rights to the review, so please do not republish it elsewhere. You are encouraged to give the review a shout-out with a link via your own networks and be sure to tag NewPages: